Some pictures from the St. Louis zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I was at the St. Louis zoo on Saturday.Took a few pictures,hope you enjoy!

Flamingos
DSC00454.jpg

African crowned crane

DSC00468.jpg

Snowy egret

DSC00460.jpg

A greater cormerant

DSC00458.jpg

Due to construction,we couldn't see the galops or aldabras.I did see a group of massive Burmese mountain tortoises.There was 8 or 10 and they were huge.They were behind glass,so the pics I took didn't turn out.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
What about their set of GIANT Yellowfoots?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
harris said:
What about their set of GIANT Yellowfoots?
Did not see them.Wish I had.Did see some radiateds,but they were pretty plain.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
I was in St Louis a couple years ago in early April and they had a cold snap.....we still went to the zoo and the gallop/ aldabra exibit was awsome!! they had a ton of animals I think 12-16 if they are refurbishing it I am going back!! I loved their reptile exibits.....

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Was there any mention on a sign or anything of when the construction would be completed? I want to swing by when I have a free weekend day to see the giant yellow foot tortoises. I have been told that my baby has lineage from them, but I want to see them regardless of whether or not that is true.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Baoh said:
Was there any mention on a sign or anything of when the construction would be completed? I want to swing by when I have a free weekend day to see the giant yellow foot tortoises. I have been told that my baby has lineage from them, but I want to see them regardless of whether or not that is true.
No signs about when it would be complete.You could probably email them and find out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your pictures are so vivid and clear. Mine are always a bit blurry. I make them smaller and choose the 1024x768 pixel setting. Is that why?

Can you tell me what the little house with the ramp is in front of the flamingos?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
emysemys said:
Your pictures are so vivid and clear. Mine are always a bit blurry. I make them smaller and choose the 1024x768 pixel setting. Is that why?

Can you tell me what the little house with the ramp is in front of the flamingos?
I don't know. I just point and shoot. I honestly don't know much about my camera. They had a lot of wood ducks in with the flamingos,I'm guessing the houses were for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.