Some questions about my red-foots

Lennart

Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I have been keeping a red-foot for about 3 years, recently I have bought a second one. Just after I bought the second one I also got them a bigger home.

Here they are:
6jXWYFl.jpg

Since I moved them they became a lot more active, this was probably stress from moving. Now they are less active but when I walk past their terrarium they start moving and walk up against the glass. Sometimes they keep doing that for 10 minutes or more. Is this normal?

My second question is about pyramiding. My first tortoise (the left one in the picture) shows some minor signs of pyramiding, should I be worried? Do I need to give him more calcium or should I keep their home more humid?

WTWzFeD.jpg

The last question is about their size and weight. They are both about 5,35 inches (the left one a little smaller) and weigh 415 grams and 383 grams. So the smaller one is actually a bit heavier. Is this bad? Are they to small or to big for their age? I noticed that the smaller one eats a lot more. Should I feed them separately?

jimmyb4343

They become active when they see you cause they relate you to feeding or the get interested in checking out what your up too.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
They look very nice .....Age/size/weight ratio just fine ~:)

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Are you from the UK or mainland Europe? Those reds have the typical European CB coloring.
The pyramiding is very minor, not too much to be worried about. Just read the care sheets and perfect their care now.

Lennart

The Netherlands
I come from the Netherlands, so mainland Europe. What do you mean by typical European CB colouring?

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Just something I've noticed. The US lines of Red Foots have generally quite different characteristics to what us Europeans have-I am from the UK-, so I thought it was bizarre seeings Red Foots like that on a US forum. I would guess it relates to where the original imports came in from.