Some sunny outside time! Pyramiding update thank god for closed chamber!

Michael Malone

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Tx
We had some nice outside time today. Here's some pics.

But I was also wanting to get everyone's opinion on his pyramiding I have had him in closed chamber I think for 5 months and I feel like i can see improvement.

And I just want to tell everyone that is new or just doesn't know yet. If your baby isn't in a closed chamber. And you have the mind set of I can keep this open top humid enough You can't that was my mind set and I failed miserably.

But luckly with the right guidance and me coming to my senses early. I feel like I am working to do better and hopefully by the time he's big he may only have a little bit or possibly none at all.

Attached are some pics of before closed chamber and then now I believe the proof is in the pictures.[emoji16][emoji16]

The first two are when I started to come to my senses and realize I am not doing something right.And if you notice the pyramiding and still are convinced you can keep that hungry up in that open top just google pyramided sulcata. And if that doesn't make u want to shape up right then and there then I think u got some problems [emoji6]

IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

Here's the photos from today
IMG_0692.jpgIMG_0695.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg

Salspi

Chicago
And that’s just from increased humidity in a vivarium? Did u change anything else?

Michael Malone

Dallas, Tx
And that’s just from increased humidity in a vivarium? Did u change anything else?

No did change anything else really. I started soaking him daily and twice a day if I was able. And he finally stated eating cactus and grasses and weeds in the last 4 or so months. But 99% of his improvment I would say goes to the closed chamber and keeping humidity at 100% all the time.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
We had some nice outside time today. Here's some pics.

But I was also wanting to get everyone's opinion on his pyramiding I have had him in closed chamber I think for 5 months and I feel like i can see improvement.

And I just want to tell everyone that is new or just doesn't know yet. If your baby isn't in a closed chamber. And you have the mind set of I can keep this open top humid enough You can't that was my mind set and I failed miserably.

But luckly with the right guidance and me coming to my senses early. I feel like I am working to do better and hopefully by the time he's big he may only have a little bit or possibly none at all.

Attached are some pics of before closed chamber and then now I believe the proof is in the pictures.[emoji16][emoji16]

The first two are when I started to come to my senses and realize I am not doing something right.And if you notice the pyramiding and still are convinced you can keep that hungry up in that open top just google pyramided sulcata. And if that doesn't make u want to shape up right then and there then I think u got some problems [emoji6]

View attachment 236298
View attachment 236299

Here's the photos from today
View attachment 236300View attachment 236301
View attachment 236302
View attachment 236303
He's looking great!! The new growth looks so much smoooooother!! You changed up your setup, and your tortoises shell is reaping the rewards. Nice job man.

Salspi

Chicago
Wow 100% is where you kept ambient humidity? That’s very interesting.