Something safe to fill gaps with?

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey, I found a huge paint tray at lowes today I am going to use as a waterdish but it comes with these big gaps. Any idea on something safe to fill the gaps with?
I thought of spray foam but what do I seal that with?
Tyler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,014.1 KB · Views: 53

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Get a couple of tubes of plain clear silicone caulking. Make sure it is just plain silicone. You don't want any color or UV protection or any other stuff.

Personally I wouldn't use that. Walls are too steep, its too slippery, and its too deep. Nothing works better than terra cotta plant saucers.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I have used them before for box turtles over 4 inches. I put driveway rocks in mine to help them walk and to make the exit flush with the substrate.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Ok thanks. May look like they Are steep but they really aren't steep at all. Thing is I am trying to do it for 4 13 inch Redfoots. I ant find anything else shallow enough for them.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Go to the garden section and get the 12 inch terra cotta saucer used under the pot for potted plants. They work the best and help maintain beak and nails as well. easy in and out on all sides and in the event of a flip over, they are shallow enough to prevent drowning.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I had no idea I might just go look for that.