Soon my colony will be complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Well I just made a deal to pick up 1.5 adult Three Toeds from a guy in WA state. I think will definitely complete my Three Toed colony. That will give me 4.7.2 total. It will be a couple of weeks before they are shipped but I will post pics when they arrive. The male is a freebie that is a little thin he said, too much breeding not enough food on the brain. Im sure he will need some TLC but thats OK. I got the females for a killer price too.

:)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
WOW that's a lot of turtles! Congrats!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thats great news Anja :D We'll definately need pictures when they get there.

Kelly thats no where near enough turtles. :p

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats Anja! You always get such great deals. All I am trying to do is get a box turtle from a rescue and its taking a bit longer than I thought. And here you are on a major roll...........................! LOL

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
jlyoncc1 said:
Congrats Anja! You always get such great deals. All I am trying to do is get a box turtle from a rescue and its taking a bit longer than I thought. And here you are on a major roll...........................! LOL

Dee I think it has something to do with being on this computer so many hours a day and always watching out for a good deal on something or even just something. lol I cant wait until my hibernation is over! lol I work on here all day then sit here off and on until time to go to bed. Im not used to being cooped up so much as I have been up here this winter.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OK very stupid question. I am so new to this. Please don't laugh at me. What does all these numbers mean? ex: 1.2 3 toed boxies.
Thanks for not laughing....

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
1.2 in this case means 1 male and 2 females. the first number is the number of males, second number is number of females, and if a third number is listed, that'd be the number of ones that the gender is unknown on! and don't worry, most of us had to ask this question when we were new!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you Kelly. I looked at your web site and can't believe how many you have. Isn't it hard to take care of all of them, being they each require different care? Some need humid, some need dry...etc. I am a wreck taking care of 1 little cherry head. I am constantly looking at him, and checking the temp. ...worrying..I sure give you a lot of credit...and all yours look so healthy.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks!

It's really not so hard, especially since I have the min groups... I really only have 8 different enclosures for the lot of 'em, and when the weather lets up, they'll be going outside. Plus my son helps - and in fact the takes care of the two Greeks and Leopard totally.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If there is a fourth number then that is how many eggs they have incubating. :)

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Can't wait to see your 3 toeds Anja, they are some of my favorite. I've had one of my females for alsmost 24 years now.

I just aquired a new pair a couple weeks ago and will be getting two new females today for a trade for a large female Asian box turtle I have.

I guess I'll have to post pictures of them.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yea it would have been nice Pat but this past Wed when he was supposed to ship them he tried to squeeze more money out of me for shipping after we I had paid what he asked for them shipped. I decided to back away, and requested my money back. So, alas, I am on the lookout for more female Three Toeds again. :(

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Anja, luckily you are in the midwest and summer is coming on. More will become available. I guess he apparently found he could get better price in NW. As I said before, I wish him luck cause he's going to need it.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yea im planning a trip south to visit family back home so I should be able to pick up a couple of females while Im down there.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear your deal feel through. Some people are just in it to make money instead of finding good homes fot their turtles & tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.