Soon to be cherry head mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Hello all. I am going to be getting my couple month old cherry head in a few weeks, a birthday present to myself. I've wanted a tortoise for years and years. I had a shed with turtle tanks that I was solely responsible for when I was a kid, so I do know a thing or two about turtles/tortoises. Plus, I've read a million and one things about red foots over the years, each time trying to convince myself that I could have one, but alas my conscience always told me that I didn't have the room for one.

Well, now I think I am in a good position to get one, and so I am! I've already purchased just about everything I need for him/her and just need to work out the details of getting him/her to me. I'm super excited, and I hope s/he turns out to be a boy because I'm naming him/her Sheldon after Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory. (I love that show and his character.) But I guess I'll know in a couple of years if Sheldon is now a girl name or not.

Well, despite my extensive research, I know things will always come up or happen that I will have questions about, so I thought I would get on here as a member so I can post now that I will be a tort mom soon. And actually I do have two initial questions, but I will post that in a more appropriate forum, so go look for my questions, please. Thanks!

:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort: (This is such a cute icon!)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* Welcome to TFO! Has anybody warned you yet, tortoises are a bit like Lay's potato chips... you can't be satisfied with just one. :D

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Colorado
Jacqui said:
Hi! *waves* Welcome to TFO! Has anybody warned you yet, tortoises are a bit like Lay's potato chips... you can't be satisfied with just one. :D

Lol. Yes, I know. I want a whole tortoise farm, but I've waited patiently for this first one, so that I can provide him/her with what s/he needs, so I think I'll be able to wait until I can manage more.

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
If it turns out to be a girl, Sheldon's mom calls him Shelley. His gamer tag is Sheldor. Cooper could be a girl name too. So you got some options!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Welcome !! :) (the Big Bang theory ) best show ever !!!

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Colorado
Beck said:
If it turns out to be a girl, Sheldon's mom calls him Shelley. His gamer tag is Sheldor. Cooper could be a girl name too. So you got some options!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Thanks Beck. Who knew someone on this site would be helpful for Big Bang Theory questions as well as tortoises. :D:tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.