Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
rescue-10-5-12.jpg

rescue10-5-12a.jpg

This is a young male sulcata about the size of a full grown desert tortoise, so maybe 8 or 9 years old. I have an ad running in the paper's "found" section. If I don't hear from the tortoise's owner, he will be up for adoption.

It is a no fee adoption, but I have to see the area where you plan to keep the tortoise so I can be sure he's going to a safe and sulcata-friendly home.

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
Awesome! Im assuming the one standing is the one youre adopting. Who's the one on his back?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its the same tortoise, Jim. I only show the plastron for you to see its male.

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
Sorry - :) -- viewing on my iPhone -- couldn't see that it was two pictures. Please pencil me in as "interested' - thanks

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Note to self, pencil jim as interested.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Note to self (because dmmj always forgets to forward notes): change Jim's name on my EXCEL spread sheet from "jim" to "interested." :p

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
How long, on average, does it take for pyramiding to subside? Assuming the right diet and sunlight regimen are implemented? And, is pyramiding a symptom of other ills for the tortoise?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Pyramiding does not subside or reverse. It does tend to flatten out over time but it will always be there. It is mainly a symptom of improper housing for a tortoise. MBD can also occur, but that is also from an improper diet.

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
I adopted this guy today from emysemys! It was great to meet you emysemys! I've named him "Ed Jones" Ed Jones is a guy who was a City Council member where I grew up 30 years ago in So Cal. I was visiting this past weekend, and Ed Jones is campaigning again to become a member of the City Council!! Seemed appropriate and sort of fun too! "Ed Jones"

Status
Not open for further replies.