Soon to be tortoise owner:)

Codie Lynn

Location (City and/or State)
Bozeman, MT
Hello all! After a few months I have happily found myself in the rabbit hole of everything tortoise! My name is Codie and I live in Montana. I have purchased everything I need, to have a happy tortoise, (with a lot of research and asking the experts on here). But now I am looking for breeders or even one that needs re-homed. I have been told I should stick to a Russian or Hermann's tortoise for my first tortoise and I am open to either of those..It will be mostly inside. So any info would be much appreciated, even breeders to stray away from would be beneficial. Thank you!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
There are many reputable breeders on here, however I'm not very familiar with them. One I have heard of many times that I believe breeds healthy russians is @Carol S . Another that I have seen on Instagram and that has the most beautiful russians I have ever seen is @biochemnerd808 . Others will probably help more on other good breeders, those are just a couple I know. I have heard some of the breeders online don't start their tortoises properly or they are sick, unhealthy, etc. so just stay here and you'll find a good breeder. Good luck, tortoises are something that will make your life so much more interesting!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Check out Tortstork also. He probably has some Russians.