Soooooooooo...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Well, referring to my thread the other day about mating, I think my babies maybe a little randy, or feel like getting some practise in lol cause I came out this morning to check on them and me male and female were both out, chilling quite nicely in the sun so I went to get my wife to get her to come look, next minute, my female (who maybe a male now) was in THAT position on the back of my now, but what I was sure was a male, female!! :/ was very shocked and it weirded me out abit!! Bet ya can imagine my wifes face lol esp when I said "it's cute, you gota come look" and then she saw that hahahaha

yoda3106

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Made me laugh really hard aloud.....:p

Hahaha well, I'm still a little now if I'm being honest!! Lol too late thou for them to lay so I guess there just being bugers!!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I was confused so I just checked with my 14 year old daughter and yep, I was right-"chillin" still means hanging around doing not much of anything. Mounting each other isn't exactly "chillin", unless I've been doing it all wrong all these years!

yoda3106

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
I was confused so I just checked with my 14 year old daughter and yep, I was right-"chillin" still means hanging around doing not much of anything. Mounting each other isn't exactly "chillin", unless I've been doing it all wrong all these years!

Haha nah, they were "chillin" when I went out to check on them then come back to get the wife but when we came back out, the weren't "chillin" to say the least ;) lol sorry for the term chillin, I'm trying to keep young :/ well, 24 ain't exactly old haha

As for the "randyness" I've researched, and there's a few things,

One is what Laura ^^^ said, She may be trying for dominance. She may be signaling she is wanting to be breed (or at least is sexually mature) and maybe even trying to stimulate the males into breeding behavior.

Or

Two, It's possible that she is gravid. Some female tortoises, when gravid, ram and mount any tortoise in the enclosure. It's the female trying to drive other females away from a good nesting area, so they are able to lay their eggs in a good spot.

What's your thoughts?? And what's gravid?? Lol

Laura said:
watch for bullying... it might not be mating.. its dominance and can not be a good thing...

I'm watching, and already thinking of how to separate the enclosure :( will they have to stay separated for ever if it comes to it??

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
In humans and mammals gravid means "pregnant" so in the case of a tortoise, i'm guessing it means carrying fertile eggs.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Moozilion said:
In humans and mammals gravid means "pregnant" so in the case of a tortoise, i'm guessing it means carrying fertile eggs.

Ohhhhh :/ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.