South Florida Plant

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Tough call. Reminds me of wild poinsettia (euphorbia sp.) which is toxic, but there are other weeds that look vaguely similar; see pachysandra sp. and parietaria sp.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Tough call. Reminds me of wild poinsettia (euphorbia sp.) which is toxic, but there are other weeds that look vaguely similar; see pachysandra sp. and parietaria sp.
Doesn't match the pics of those two, and I hope its not poinsettia. Torts have eaten it before. Its a tough one. It was growing as a weed in the shade between two night boxes. It was very light and fragile. Delicate.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Looks like it might be Pellitory, or "clustered white pellitory" Parietaria praetermissa

Pellitory_1024x1024.jpg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Looks like it might be Pellitory, or "clustered white pellitory" Parietaria praetermissa

View attachment 321387
Agree

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

View attachment 321387
I think you are right. Found this on Dave's garden and the text matches where and when I found it, and how it was growing.

@turtlesteve my botanist friend, what say you? Look like a match to you?

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
It looks like a match to me, but I’m no expert. Supposedly native here but I haven’t seen this one that I can recall.