South Floridian hurricane season supplies

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I follow WXRISK on Facebook and he has an unbelievable ability to forecast! He says that Dorian will dip WSW due to the low above it. Y’all watch out this brat looks like he will slowly drag his butt across all of Florida!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just got 8 sheets of spare plywood, 60 gallons of gasoline, a couple hundred dollars worth of assorted batteries and this weekend will make sure my generator is running and place my hammer drills, tapcons and tarps in the back room. As are the flashlights, radio and fans.
We've been stockpiling canned food and have 5 one gallon jugs of water that we can hard freeze and keep in the freezer to keep it cool. And drink as it melts.
The window shutters will be stacked and piled up in the garage. Ready for deployment. All important documents are in waterproof containers and cash has been removed from the bank and placed into the safe.
There's still a lot to do. A lot of things to fortify. A lot of things to secure.
But it never feels like it's enough. And with a large enough storm.....It won't be.
I'm SO tired of this. And it looks like the storms will get stronger and even more frequent.
Please share your preparations and how you cope.
Case of beer

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just got 8 sheets of spare plywood, 60 gallons of gasoline, a couple hundred dollars worth of assorted batteries and this weekend will make sure my generator is running and place my hammer drills, tapcons and tarps in the back room. As are the flashlights, radio and fans.
We've been stockpiling canned food and have 5 one gallon jugs of water that we can hard freeze and keep in the freezer to keep it cool. And drink as it melts.
The window shutters will be stacked and piled up in the garage. Ready for deployment. All important documents are in waterproof containers and cash has been removed from the bank and placed into the safe.
There's still a lot to do. A lot of things to fortify. A lot of things to secure.
But it never feels like it's enough. And with a large enough storm.....It won't be.
I'm SO tired of this. And it looks like the storms will get stronger and even more frequent.
Please share your preparations and how you cope.
On a serious note though.. hope all you Floridians dont get hit to hard and wish everyone to make it out of the storm safe and undamaged