South Park 25th anniversary concert gets Thumbs up

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
If you have Paramount or Comedy Central I think.

I'll be the 1st to say the show is foul, irreverent and sometimes very disgusting...and way over the line for kids of any age IMHO......my kids were not allowed to watch it back in the day so I rarely saw it myself. A lot of folks can't get past the "stupid" of the show and I get that.....but it's also well done in that's it's typically balanced as they dive into subjects that we don't discuss here. Suffice to say, I watch and appreciate it for what it is and have caught up on most of the older shows.

Primus, is the VERY eclectic band that does the music for the show so they were there throughout the concert. Looks like a combination of Chicago, Alice Cooper, Country Preacher and Metallica but boy those boys can play! LOL

Here's what the concert taught me;

They, Matt and Trey are not just the writers and voices of the characters of South Park, but are massively talented guys! Wow, singing, writing, acting, playing every instrument on the stage....and the feeling of genuine "niceness" comes through. Total comfort on the stage.......these guys are a trip and a treat to watch! Quite often folks are rattled on stage.....no, not these guys, they're at home.

Matt surprised Trey onstage when he got Treys lifelong music worship group RUSH, to come and jam with them during the concert! They played Closer to the Heart....Geddy hit the high notes and Alex burned up the neck of his guitar....it was a moment to see....and you can too!

They all got Countrified for a rendition of the "Tegridy- Living on a Colorado farm" song with the fiddles that left me laughing out loud at the TV...they the followed with the Kanya-fishsticks-gayfish song....with the comics of it playing behind them...a memorable moment for fans of the show and in this version, I could actually understand the new lyrics this time.

I won't ruin it by giving a "blow by blow" but I've found lots of worse ways to waste my time.

Enjoy.............

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I can't stomach that show.
I've watched maybe four episodes and I'm done. But no doubt it has a lot going on for it. I mean it's had successful and long run.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
If you have Paramount or Comedy Central I think.

I'll be the 1st to say the show is foul, irreverent and sometimes very disgusting...and way over the line for kids of any age IMHO......my kids were not allowed to watch it back in the day so I rarely saw it myself. A lot of folks can't get past the "stupid" of the show and I get that.....but it's also well done in that's it's typically balanced as they dive into subjects that we don't discuss here. Suffice to say, I watch and appreciate it for what it is and have caught up on most of the older shows.

Primus, is the VERY eclectic band that does the music for the show so they were there throughout the concert. Looks like a combination of Chicago, Alice Cooper, Country Preacher and Metallica but boy those boys can play! LOL

Here's what the concert taught me;

They, Matt and Trey are not just the writers and voices of the characters of South Park, but are massively talented guys! Wow, singing, writing, acting, playing every instrument on the stage....and the feeling of genuine "niceness" comes through. Total comfort on the stage.......these guys are a trip and a treat to watch! Quite often folks are rattled on stage.....no, not these guys, they're at home.

Matt surprised Trey onstage when he got Treys lifelong music worship group RUSH, to come and jam with them during the concert! They played Closer to the Heart....Geddy hit the high notes and Alex burned up the neck of his guitar....it was a moment to see....and you can too!

They all got Countrified for a rendition of the "Tegridy- Living on a Colorado farm" song with the fiddles that left me laughing out loud at the TV...they the followed with the Kanya-fishsticks-gayfish song....with the comics of it playing behind them...a memorable moment for fans of the show and in this version, I could actually understand the new lyrics this time.

I won't ruin it by giving a "blow by blow" but I've found lots of worse ways to waste my time.

Enjoy.............
I will have to admit that Cartman has been my role model for years !!
Angie