Speedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyperini

5 Year Member
:tort:
Hi Everyone! I live in the Finger Lakes Region of NY and got a Sulcata tortoise for my Valentine's Day present this year. His name is Speedy. I am new to raising these guys, but have found it fascinating. I don't know the sex yet as he is only a few months old. Speedy seems to be growing, sleeps a lot and moves around at night. I try to make lists of things to feed him/her. So far Cantaloupe is the favorite food. I only give it a sliver every couple of days, but it is a gold letter day when that happens! Just wanted to introduce myself. I would love a copy of "The Crying Tortoise". I already contacted Africa, but they do not have any more copies. If anyone has one or has a lead on one, I would appreciate a heads-up! It seems to be a good primer for these guys.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

I would cut out the fruit. It's not good for them.

They are not normally active at night. Is it dark in the enclosure or are you using lights to keep it warm? For night heat, I prefer to use a ceramic heating element on a thermostat.

Click the links in my signature for lots of sulcata info.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..i hope that isnt your sulcatas main diet. Cantaloupe should only be given as a treat. They eat weeds and grasses...they also sleep at night. Dont know why yours would be awake at night. Do you have lights on at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.