Speedys Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy

5 Year Member
hey everyone,

my name is eddy and ive been visiting these forums for the past 6 months. i think its about time i introduce my sulcata tortoise speedy to everyone and show you guys his enclosure. ive been working on it for the past 2-3 months and getting bits and pieces of what i wanted it to look like. Im about 90 percent done with it since there are is still a bamboo stick fence i want to put up and i need a humidifier. currently i use a basking lamp and a mega ray lamp. i decided to try and give the enclosure a desert theme since sulcatas are native to the desert. well i hope you all enjoy the photos. if theres any advice you guys have, please let me know!

IMAG0534.jpg
IMAG0535.jpg
IMAG0536.jpg
IMAG0537.jpg
IMAG0538.jpg
IMAG0539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Eddy:

Welcome to the forum!!

Where are you located?

Your habitat looks nice, with plenty of room for Speedy to roam. Do you ever see him eating the grass that's growing? You seem to be doing a pretty good job of growing Speedy smooth.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Very nice:) looks great the one thing I see is your lights if they are MVB and they should be they should be strait down not on an angle

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Great enclosure, i love that you have planted the grass into the enclosure, it breaks up the line of sight for your tort and gives him places to go explore, great job!

Eddy

5 Year Member
thanks everyone. i took bits and pieces from all the enclosures ive seen on this forum to create my own. speedy use to eat the grass until i introduced mazuri to him. the only thing hell eat is mazuri and dandelion. for the lamp situation, im still lookin for a pole of some sort to hang it on.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
very nice he is very cute i would love to have a sulcata tortoise but they love to dig holes to hide in that is the only reason i don't have one. But good luck with him and may he gives many many years of love.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Welcome! Your enclosure looks awesome. Great job. Speedy is very cute too.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Speedy looks awesome. I am trying to grow plants so my indoor habitat will look like yours. I like the desert backround around the sides. Great job!

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Nice place you got there! Must be a heck of a job maintaining it. Spot picking would be like treasure hunting everyday. o.o''
Do get a pole or a stand soon (Zoo med's got lamp stands in 2 sizes.), your precious Megaray would quit on you before you know it, and its a heck of torture getting new bulbs from ReptileUV now and the bulbs are like candles....

Tort14U

10 Year Member!
Camano Island,WA
Wow what an amazing habitat you created for Speedy! You done a super job with it and I am sure others are using this as an example as well. I am sure he feels right at home in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.