Sphagnum moss in eye?

TKL

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone,

My baby leopard appears to have a very fine piece sphagnum moss (almost like a hair) in its eye. Every time I try and pick him up to inspect/remove it he pulls his head back into his shell. Just wanted to get all of your opinions on the matter. Is it something I should worry about? Or something to leave and let it work itself out. From observing him for the past half hour or so it does not seem that he even notices it. No rubbing of his face, or blinking etc. Just walking around his enclosure, sipping water,nibbling on the plants just like any other day.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

TKL

10 Year Member!
Toronto, Canada
Never mind guys, crisis averted :) when I came back from eating dinner to check on him, it had come out on its own:p Looks like he hasn't even missed a beat.

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
My leopard will get some moss in her eye too. She will let me wipe it off, but you can use a saline wash for eyes to rinse the eye.

TKL

10 Year Member!
Toronto, Canada
Kirin said:
My leopard will get some moss in her eye too. She will let me wipe it off, but you can use a saline wash for eyes to rinse the eye.

Thanks, will keep that in mind if it happens again in the future.

Dorrie Siu

She lets me take stuff out of her eyes too. But if it's too small, I just put her head under the faucet.

Poor Dorrie.

But she's okay with that, she doesn't even put her head in. :)