spider plant flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
Happy new year! It has been a long time since i have posted anything, i have just been so busy lately especially with revision for exams at uni, fun fun fun lol. I just wanted to check, i gather the flowers on spider plants are safe if my tort was to eat one, i was just feeding him when i noticed a little white flower has bloomed!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Happy New year to you to :D
Just make sure it is spider plants and not spider mummy since they are toxic.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Isa said:
Happy New year to you to :D
Just make sure it is spider plants and not spider mummy since they are toxic.

Hi Isa. How do u tell the diffrence, this sounds stupid now but i though Spider mummy was a spider plant that had grown stems with new palnts on lol. so i am abit worried as i have what i think is a spider plant in my table!

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
This was a double post of the last one i sent so i edited it lol,it does not take much for me to worry about Shelby i need to relax the plant as been in there for months and she as never tried eating it all she as ever done is climb all over it and damage the leaves lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is a good example of why, whenever we talk about plants we should include pictures. I saw this thread and thought spider plants as in cleome plants. The ones you are actually talking about I was raised calling them airplane plants.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Thanks for the heads up Isa, mine is definitely the spider plant, and its just as well as the flower is now gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.