Spider Plant for Enclosure

OurTommy

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi again everyone.

Quick question. I want to get a spider plant for my new table once it arrives. What is the best way to plant it in the enclosure? Should it be in any particular pot and do I need to be careful with what soil it is planted in?

Anything I may have overlooked then feel free to tell me.

Thank you in advance.

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
First of all, I would make sure your plant doesn't have any pesticides.

Then, try to find the best price for the size. A lot of people buy them on craigslist because they are cheaper this way. You can buy them at a nursery though too.

Finally, I would put it in a corner so that it doesn't take up to space. A lot of tortoises like to burrow at the roots of plants. Also because they can still get UVB without getting the full on blast of the basking light.

OurTommy

UK
tort_luv_5055 said:
First of all, I would make sure your plant doesn't have any pesticides.

Then, try to find the best price for the size. A lot of people buy them on craigslist because they are cheaper this way. You can buy them at a nursery though too.

Finally, I would put it in a corner so that it doesn't take up to space. A lot of tortoises like to burrow at the roots of plants. Also because they can still get UVB without getting the full on blast of the basking light.

What about the soil? Do I plant it into a pot then put it deep into the substrate?

Thanks