Spikes tortoise food and supply..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well ordered some Mazuri tortoise food from Spikes tortoise Supply...where they claim next day shipping.. After a week I sent an email..no response after 10 days called and got voice mail and was called back by a gentleman that stated he was taking care of the shipment that the owner was sick.. But will get it out ASAP and will set me up with another two pounds to make it up to me for the mistake.. Well today I received my order..it was in a USPS envelope not a box..so I opened it up and the noticed that the bag inside the envelope was crushed and half the bag was pulverized and all inside the envelope(the bag must of burst)Why would someone ship a plastic bag of food in a USPS envelope?? And I guess they forgot about taking care of me for waiting two weeks for the food to arrive..

Just wanted to share my experience..

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Wow,that surprises me. I've always heard good things about Spikes. Did you call and tell them how it arrived?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Sorry to hear that it this happened to you, I have nothing but good things to say about the orders I've gotten from him.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Not worth the call I sent them an email not worth the call..And from what I gathered from another post it's common for a few of the companies to ship in envelopes ...Also when i called about it after a week of not recieving it..The gentleman that answered the phone explained to me that the owner was sick and he was taking care of the orders..

I can't say it was there fault it arrived the way it did..Since I would hope it wasn't all crushed before they shipped it... So the USPS had there part in it...And in there defense they would say it should have been packaged correctly..

This doesn't mean there a bad company.. Just my experience

Remember even monkeys fall out of trees every now and then..

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
They probably put it in the bag for quicker shipping. I believe I got mine in a box and a bag. Mine was not crushed at all. My guess is the person helping doesn't know the way the bussiness works if he is just helping because the owner is sick. I got a really cute sticker with my order :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
In Spike's(Corey) defense, he is in the Army and out of state for some training. I am wondering if the person Corey put in charge is sick so someone else if filling in, which would make sense, why you have a mess on your hands. Normally things go smoothly, I am sorry you are having trouble. I am sure when this gets back to Corey, he will make things right, he is a very nice guy and at the mercy of his help. Tom is friends with him and maybe Tom can call him and get things back on track! I will PM Tom and see if he can contact Corey.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I had the same problem, but didn't put forth the effort to get it fixed, I just feed it in pieces :) I also didn't get my cute sticker I was promised :/ with all that has been said I will probably order from spike once more and if it arrives two weeks late and smashed..... I wont again. I can understand the army thing as my husband is in the navy. I hope this gets to him so he can fix it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.