5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
o_O
Make sure to soak him/her in a shallow dish with non-transparent sides, and go to the Tortoise Table for advice on feeding. :p :D :p
Did Wifey really agree to this (or did you smuggle the new buddy into the house without her knowing)? :D
Thanks for the advice, Lena.;)
He's currently hiding out in quarantine at a friend's place.
wifey does know, wasn't particularly happy to begin but has fallen for the little one already. :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks for the advice, Lena.;)
He's currently hiding out in quarantine at a friend's place.
wifey does know, wasn't particularly happy to begin but has fallen for the little one already. :)
Wifey has a heart of gold.
Still, I'd suggest you introduce all Alfie-substitutes one at a time, so that she doesn't realize Esio Trot was just a clever scheme to get more tortoises. (We knew you couldn't have photoshopped those photos, didn't we?) :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Wifey has a heart of gold.
Still, I'd suggest you introduce all Alfie-substitutes one at a time, so that she doesn't realize Esio Trot was just a clever scheme to get more tortoises. (We knew you couldn't have photoshopped those photos, didn't we?) :D
She does.
One at a time, yes, I think I'll get away with the Russian easily enough, but when it comes to the sulcata?
I'm going to try to buy a tiny one and then when it gets huge, just say it's a very large Greek and how was I to know?;)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
She does.
One at a time, yes, I think I'll get away with the Russian easily enough, but when it comes to the sulcata?
I'm going to try to buy a tiny one and then when it gets huge, just say it's a very large Greek and how was I to know?;)
Just say the shopkeeper told you they don't grow much if you keep them in a tight space ;)