Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovski

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
Introducing Phoebe and George :D

tumblr_mmdzbh2Om31snjg0lo1_1280.jpg

About a month ago i took on two hingebacks :D Im fairly sure they are both kinixys belliana nogueyi but any confirmation of that would be ace :)
They had no uvb, were kept on wood chips and had dog bowls for food/water that they couldn't actually get into. Their enclosure was smelly and George had developed mild MBD - shaky legs, weak and couldn't lift himself up well. Both of them have an old dog bite injury but phoebe's is far worse looking.
They've been to the vet and now are very much healthy :D They have separate enclosures now as Phoebe is very aggressive towards George and i struggled to get them to eat. 

This is them when i went to collect them
tumblr_mk8srvWBxf1ry9h3jo1_500.jpg

Phoebe's not as friendly as george, but is happy to have the occasional scratch and isn't shy at all - stubborn though!

tumblr_mlkd55gX0n1snjg0lo1_500.jpg

George is so friendly its unreal! He actively charges up to people demanding scratches.
tumblr_mldh3zfReY1ry9h3jo2_1280.jpg

I have noticed they have an obsession with climbing trees... How normal is this?
tumblr_mmfhu9jPEL1ry9h3jo1_1280.jpg

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Introducing Phoebe and George :D

How cute! I've never seen tree climbing torts before. They sure look happier with you.

Kate

5 Year Member
RE: Introducing Phoebe and George :D

They are adorable!!

Jovski

5 Year Member
Lancashire, UK

thatrebecca said:
How cute! I've never seen tree climbing torts before. They sure look happier with you.

Thanks :D I turned my back for 3 minutes and he was up there - no idea how! He was determined to carry on and i had to prise him off that tree!

shanu303

5 Year Member
India

Hello and Welcome :) George and Phoebe are really adorable :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

I'm so glad you have them now. Yes, they do look happier. Best to you all. Btw, as your torts can attest to, gigs and torts don't mix. Tom's thread below my name gives an account that all tort owners should read.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Thank you for saving them!
Love to see them wandering around and enjoying themselves. They are such cuties. :)

Jovski

5 Year Member
Lancashire, UK
sibi said:
I'm so glad you have them now. Yes, they do look happier. Best to you all. Btw, as your torts can attest to, gigs and torts don't mix. Tom's thread below my name gives an account that all tort owners should read.

When i took them to the vet he said their injuries were well healed but they had obviously never seen a vet about it which really annoyed me. Phoebes had a small bit of bone sticking out hers which wasn't connected to anything and we removed it - any decent vet exotic or not would've noticed it. She also still has a loose scute and a few other little marks that said no one had properly attended to their injuries. Their owner didn't want to pay for it and just got rid to the next lady asap i think. She decided they were too unusual for her and wanted them to go to someone who'd breed them. She tried her hardest bless her but was given some terrible info. They're much happier now and love charging round! They terrorise my partner when they're out and about :D

Attachments

• SAM_1914.JPG
    SAM_1914.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 58

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I love you caught them in the act of climbing. :D

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Never seen them climb like that!
Great you have given them a better life!
Do they have 4 claws on front feet?

Jovski

5 Year Member
Lancashire, UK
Tortoise said:
Never seen them climb like that!
Great you have given them a better life!
Do they have 4 claws on front feet?

yup 4 claws :)

I've never seen him manage to climb like that since, but by god it shocked me!

Status
Not open for further replies.