[split] new owner, shipping hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I live in Montana && my dad is shipping my 1 year old tortoise out to me.
So should i keep him inside or outside? Or outside during the day && inside at night?
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dallys:

So you've moved from Florida, huh?

Its always polite for you to start your own thread when you are asking questions about you and your tortoise, instead of asking your questions on someone else's thread. This way, your question will be seen by more folks and you will get more answers. That's why I've split off your question and placed it in a new thread.

In my opinion, when the weather is good, your 1 year old sulcata should live outside. I would bring him in at night and put him back out in the a.m. ONce the weather starts to turn cold, you'll have to make a nice indoor habitat for him.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
emysemys said:
Hi Dallys:

So you've moved from Florida, huh?

Its always polite for you to start your own thread when you are asking questions about you and your tortoise, instead of asking your questions on someone else's thread. This way, your question will be seen by more folks and you will get more answers. That's why I've split off your question and placed it in a new thread.

In my opinion, when the weather is good, your 1 year old sulcata should live outside. I would bring him in at night and put him back out in the a.m. ONce the weather starts to turn cold, you'll have to make a nice indoor habitat for him.

Alright thank you:) && I tried to do that but im not sure how to, but thanks for doing it for me:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome!

Always outside is best for tortoises. yvonne is right. In at night untile he/she gets to be around 10-12" then he/she can go outside fulltime until the cold weather hits. What geographical area are we talking about as well. Because temps can vary so much throughout the country.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
tortadise said:
Welcome!

Always outside is best for tortoises. yvonne is right. In at night untile he/she gets to be around 10-12" then he/she can go outside fulltime until the cold weather hits. What geographical area are we talking about as well. Because temps can vary so much throughout the country.

I live in Montana if that answer your question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.