[split] New to fourm!...Rosebice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosebice

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!!! I currently own two Reeves turtles that are about 2 1/2 3 years old and doing great. I've always wanted a tortoise, however knew i would need an outdoor enclosure for summer, and wanted to make sure i had a permanent residence for myself first! So i found a russian at petsmart on sale and he seems in very good health. However, i did not know that you should not keep a tort in an aquarium (glass) type enclosure...any good sites that can help me build one? I can get the "tortoise house" for now so i can go get my tort while he is on sale. Glad i found this forum...My name is Rose btw and I live in Ohio :) Go Bucks!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! You might want to try using an extra large plastic tote, remodel an old bookcase, or build your own enclosure. Check our enclosure section for some great ideas. I am betting this is an adult and the aquariums really aren't large enough.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Where do you live? Climate is important. In the proper conditions, most tortoises will thrive outdoors...But indoor accommodations, for russians, are obviously acceptable, due to their small size. Tortoise tables can be made with some minimal skill of carpentry....Plenty of plans. One that come to mind is on www.redfoottortoise.com
Full plans, I believe, on a tortoise table. An outdoor enclosure is pretty easy, but there needs to be an underground barrier and the enclosure must be covered in wire for predator protection...

rosebice

5 Year Member
i am located in ohio. I have been researching for hours...lol the outdoor enclosure come summer will be no problem, i'm just worried about making sure i have all the proper equipment substrate ect before i buy one. I actually found a supposed 3 year old on CL with the enclosure that would work till summer and then i can work on an indoor while he's outside. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.