[split] Newbie member... Chitlin's intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitlin

5 Year Member
Got my little girl a Sulcata yestarday. I've never been apart of a forum. I just want to make sure he is getting the best care possible, and have some questions. How long do I leave the heat lamp on. People seem to disagree on the diet. Some say only grass and no fruit. Others say give him a variety of vegteables and fruits? Thank You. :)

Attachments

• Sep12 023.JPG
    Sep12 023.JPG
    773.6 KB · Views: 23

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Welcome! A balanced diet is the best diet but I rarely if ever give mine fruit. A mixture or grasses, lettuces, Mazuri, etc. You can add fruit and veggies every once in a while, I just wouldn't recommend regularly.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) check out the threads at the bottom of my post. All of them are great for raising a healthy smooth sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Chitlin!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Welcome! A varied diet should be given to this little guy. Give it grasses, spring mix, other dark leafy veggies, hibiscus, cactus, and Mazuri or ZooMed tortoise food. It is always good to give your tort verity. Also dont forget some supplements like calcium powder here and there. Try to avoid fruit cuz their stomach was just not made for it. They can eat it and like it but every time I give it to my sulfate, she poops. And it aint the solid poop. i hate cleaning after that so I avoid fruit as much as possible. Best wishes!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Had you planned on getting the little guy for a long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.