[split] Pictures from trip to Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Well, after seeing Tudor I am basically speechless. And probably should wait to do this. I just don't know what to say. I was going to say this is what happens when a Sulcata doesn't get the proper care...but Tudor is beautiful...anyhow, these are a couple of Cory's rescues...
Cory got into reptiles about 5 years ago. Each animal she got was a rescue so here are some pictures of them. I don't remember their names I think the big female is Bean, named after a friend of ours.
Look at how smooth she is...
2exwmk3.jpg

This is also a rescue. I don't remember his name just that he is about 10 years old
wk4ria.jpg

you can see that the new growth at Cory's is smooth. But he will never be 'normal'
2vrzvrt.jpg

The bigger of the 2 is several years younger then the biggest one. You can see both are badly pyramided. But there again, the new growth at Cory's is smooth
144tok.jpg

This is Cory holding the smaller tort. Look at the rocks behind her. The whole area is pretty like that.
2q8vjgm.jpg

This is the amazing part for me...look at the fence. It's just funky, but the whole pen has growth like what you see here. The dandelions grow huge because there is so much to eat they leave some. They are so satisfied with what they have to eat they don't try to escape. This also debunks our theory that if they can see thru the fence they will try to push thru. These guys could escape in a minute if they wanted to...but they have so much food right there they are happy.
2qv8ohw.jpg

I wish this picture was better. Cory was giving a tour to a group and a child got away from the group and picked up this Leopard. In trying to climb the fence with her, he dropped her and broke both her front legs and her jaw. So Cory was grinding up her food so she could eat and the wet food for so long caused the jaw to rot and half of it is gone. She talked about sending the tort home with me, but we didn't get that together. The tort obviously has a hard time eating and Cory thought she would do better with me. I wish now I had brought her home.
Instead I brought 2 Sugar Gliders home.
Anyhow...that's most of her Sulcata I think
14xjrk2.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't have Cory's email address anymore, so I want you to send her an email. Tell her that she can soften Mazuri for that leopard tortoise and it won't have a bit of trouble eating it. They don't have to bite it, they just tongue it into their mouth. It is nutritionally complete, but if Cory wants to chop up greens and hay into coffee-grinder size and mix it into the Mazuri, that should work.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Great photos, Cory has an amazing place there! Thanks for sharing.....wait, 2 Sugar Gliders? Photos please:)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Maggie thanks for sharing the pics the rock outcrops are beautiful. The torts look great. And my heart goes out to that little leo. Ah, Sugar Glider photos.:)

Marshman

5 Year Member
Rapid City S.D.
Maggie thanks cool pics. Man the new gal looks amazing so smooth. what part of MT is Cory in and how does she house them during the cold winters. I ask because we live in South Dakota and can have some nasty winter weather but I'm also lucky here in Rapid we always say if you don't like the weather wait a hour it will change.

M

Maggie Cummings

Marshman said:
Maggie thanks cool pics. Man the new gal looks amazing so smooth. what part of MT is Cory in and how does she house them during the cold winters. I ask because we live in South Dakota and can have some nasty winter weather but I'm also lucky here in Rapid we always say if you don't like the weather wait a hour it will change.

She is about 50 miles north of Billings. She keeps them in a barn during the winter. I will start a different thread with pictures of Bob's shed, I live in Oregon and altho we don't have winters as harsh as yours we still get snow and most of the winter we are at or below freezing. So after the soaps I'll post pictures on how I keep Bob during the winter if you are still interested.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Such a beautiful bunch of tortoises. Poor Leopard. You always think of tortoises as tuff guys that can take a lot and not suffer any major damage, was surprised at his story.

Marshman

5 Year Member
Rapid City S.D.
Thanks Maggie that would be great, I know we can work with what we got for now but Mulder will need bigger accommodations

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwwww I looove the pics !!!! They're lovely sulcata, and am sure they are happy now with Cory looking after them so well! And the area looks so beautiful, wall those rocks and grassland!

Status
Not open for further replies.