[split] Tortoise Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicola.g

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
I could do with some help identifying my new tort as well please... Joesmum advised this would be a more reliable way of identifying her than our local vet. As there is so many people on here with so much knowledge she is probably correct :)

Attachments

• SDC12196.JPG
    SDC12196.JPG
    801.7 KB · Views: 69
  • SDC12197.JPG
    SDC12197.JPG
    801.8 KB · Views: 51
  • SDC12194.JPG
    SDC12194.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • SDC12199.JPG
    SDC12199.JPG
    756.9 KB · Views: 49
  • SDC12201.JPG
    SDC12201.JPG
    803.8 KB · Views: 50

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am not that good at IDing some species. However I think this is a Greek. Maybe others will confirm or not:)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I'm voting for Greek also. could we get some clearer plastron pics? I'm seeing discoloration on the plastron that leads me to think she'll rot.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
I'd say greek also. A shot of the back legs would be useful as well.
Are you keeping her on some sort of red coloured sand?

nicola.g

5 Year Member
Cyprus
peasinapod said:
I'd say greek also. A shot of the back legs would be useful as well.
Are you keeping her on some sort of red coloured sand?
Sorry only just seen these replies... forgot to subscribe to it so didn't get email notification of any replies. Not sure what she was kept on when she was at my friends but she is now kept on a substrate of top soil and playpit sand. I will try to get a shot of her back legs and a clearer one of her plastron tomorrow morning before she wakes up too much to get a couple "still" photos of her. Thanks for your reply

theelectraco said:
I'm voting for Greek also. could we get some clearer plastron pics? I'm seeing discoloration on the plastron that leads me to think she'll rot.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
Thanks for your reply... just examined her plastron closely and checked for symptoms of rot on the tortoise trust website. So far she is showing none of the symptoms, it is firm with no discharge, smell or fluid but as we have only just had them, I do a weekly check on their weight, size, eyes, nostrils etc so will keep my eye out for these symptoms just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.