PICT0078.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You had babies??? How lucky is that. You have two of the prettiest turtles there are. The woods kinda' remind me of the actinemys marmorata. Some of them will eat out of the water too.

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
emysemys said:
You had babies??? How lucky is that. You have two of the prettiest turtles there are. The woods kinda' remind me of the actinemys marmorata. Some of them will eat out of the water too.

I usually get around 20 baby spotteds every year. I got 5 woods this year. I keep the babies in the garage. I dont think you seen them when you came over.
The adult woods eat out of the water 90% of the time. The only time they eat in the water is if I throw in pellets.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I wish the NA Woods were legal in my state - they are one of my favorites. You have gorgeous turtles, and I for one love seeing people breeding the rarer North American species.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Rob...do the wood turtles hibernate? And can they stay in a turtle garden,in New York weather, like a box turtle, with a small pond?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yes ma'am the can, Terry ;) Even though I am not Rob, lol :D NA Woods are illegal in Michigan because they are endangered here, but they are native to Michigan, and our weather is similar to New York weather (only colder and a crap load more snow ;) )

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
kyryah said:
Yes ma'am the can, Terry ;) Even though I am not Rob, lol :D NA Woods are illegal in Michigan because they are endangered here, but they are native to Michigan, and our weather is similar to New York weather (only colder and a crap load more snow ;) )

Thanks. Hmmmm...........thinking about this. They really are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.