Spring is here!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Nice looking landscape, You have a little bit of everything there. Your Redbud is much prettier than what mine did this year. Do mayapples grow there? It looks like a perfect place for them.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Squirrels, choot 'em!

sry, I couldn't stop myself, I tried...I really did. I thought about it...then said to myself....self, screw it!
My siblings would kill me if I even dared. 😂
Nice looking landscape, You have a little bit of everything there. Your Redbud is much prettier than what mine did this year. Do mayapples grow there? It looks like a perfect place for them.
Actually that tree is not a Redbud tree. My redbud is much bigger. I think the one in the picture is some kind of cherry bird tree. (The cherrys are poisonous to humans) but i understand how you mistaked it for a redbud. They are very similar. Idk what a mayapple tree is. Is it a kind of apple tree? We have apple, pear, peach, nectarine, cherry, and plum trees and we had them for about 4 years but we didnt get a single piece of fruit cause of late frost every time they bloom. Hopefully this year I'll get a few.

Len B

10 Year Member!

Actually that tree is not a Redbud tree. My redbud is much bigger. I think the one in the picture is some kind of cherry bird tree. (The cherrys are poisonous to humans) but i understand how you mistaked it for a redbud. They are very similar. Idk what a mayapple tree is. Is it a kind of apple tree? We have apple, pear, peach, nectarine, cherry, and plum trees and we had them for about 4 years but we didnt get a single piece of fruit cause of late frost every time they bloom. Hopefully this year I'll get a few.
Mayapple isn't a tree. Here's a pic of what they look like.KIMG0690.JPGThey are considered toxic but box turtles eat the little apples and my sulcatas leave them alone.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Totally off topic…is this your property? If so, where did you get that fencing in the photo?
Yes it is. It's 1/2 x 3 inch wire usually used for building bird cages. I bought a 100 ft by 3 ft roll from a company in Minnesota and had it shipped to me. I cut it down to the hight needed to keep Walker off some peony's that used to grow there. I have since transplanted them so it serves no purpose now, just never took it down.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It is a angora.
I have a 5 and 1/2 lb mini lop house rabbit 🐇🙃😊 right now for a few days I have a dust bunny attached to my leg every where I walk. Or doing figure eights and running circles around me. She'll go back to her lazy little self soon 🙏😂

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
There was 10" of snow in the Northeast a couple days ago....i saw a comment;

You thought it was Spring but it's really January 96th!
I was technically saying "spring is here" ("HERE") meaning its here where I am. AR.🤣 I never said spring is there where they have 10" inches of snow. 😂 but I think I did post this thread a little...to early. Its in the 40s down here rn.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was technically saying "spring is here" ("HERE") meaning its here where I am. AR.🤣 I never said spring is there where they have 10" inches of snow. 😂 but I think I did post this thread a little...to early. Its in the 40s down here rn.
That's ok cause it's supposed to be spring here too but it's been winter again with snow. Tomorrow it's going to be summer and all weekend until mother nature has another whim. 🙃

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

My Redbud, came and went weeks ago, But if it was . . . a Redbud, your environ is much different than mine...