Spring Is Really Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
No doubt left, Spring is here, Today for the first time since last Oct, Walker pooped in the yard, all winter he does it in his house and he hates it(me) when I clean it out.I'm still not ready to open his underground tunnel. The ground hasn't warmed up enough for me to feel comfortable letting him go under ground just yet, Len

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would have agreed with you last week, however since then (80'sF) we've had thunder storm, hail, lightning and this a.m. there was frost on my roof. But its nice and sunny right now!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Was it his choice to poop in his house or was he not allowed outside?

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Spring is here in Winnipeg too! Been warm for quite a few days all snow is gone and things are drying up. I was hoping to get the tortoise outside this weekend but I think the ground is still too cool on that end of the yard.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
GBtortoises said:
I don't think spring is here just yet in the Northeast. It's going to be in the 70's this week. Next week in the 40's & 50's, two weeks from now 30's and possible snow!

I figure it will be something like that here... just in time to wreck a few plants and blooms. :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah, it was a mild winter here. Hardly any rain. But it was below freezing last night and old man winter just doesn't seem to wanna let go yet...

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
We didn't have a winter anywhere normal,the only day that Walker stayed in all day was around Halloween when that snow storm moved up the east coast and devastated the areas north of us,it was cold but we had mostly rain.No long cold spells, some nights in the teens but warmed up quick. The past month or so our nightly low temps have been what the average daytime high temps are at this time of year. right now it's 62 degrees and supposed to get down to the mid 50s, and this unusually warm weather is supposed to last at least to near the end of March,----Me, and the torts hope it does---Len

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
It has been a very uncharacteristically warm and mild winter here in the Catskills. We may have received about 6" of snow total from November to now. None of which stuck. We typically have totals of 3-5' of snow during that time with an average of 12-18" on the ground throughout the winter. But in a couple of weeks we still may have some significant snowfall. It's not unsual for it to snow here and stick anytime through April and even into mid May!

It may suprise most people to know that Syracuse, NY which is just over 100 mile west of me is the top city in the continental U.S. for annual snowfall.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Last week it was sunny and in the 70s, so we got to take our tortoises out a little bit. This week it's 50s-60s, and we won't get tortoise weather again until the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.