sprinklers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avarice29

5 Year Member
Since I'm at college most of the time my mom feeds my torts and I ask her to let them roam around both front and backyard(supervised of course)
The other day she told me that while in the front yard, one of my torts was munching away and the sprinkler system started. She told me that my tort kept eating away and since its much warmer weather, it enjoyed some water.
I do soak ny torts once every 2 days and they have a plenty of water to drink. Should I ask my mom to move my torts before the sprinkler begins or is that okay?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Tortoises love sprinklers! I think they are a must have in enclosures, especially during summer time. They just make things a whole lot easier.

Avarice29

5 Year Member
Ahhh okay thanks! I was honestly thinking it was a bad idea or that it would harm them in any way... Thanks again :)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
If I throw a sprinkler in the lawn on a hot day, I'll have at least two of mine out there walking around in the water. They like to walk around in a light rain too, so it must feel good to them. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
Tortoises love sprinklers! I think they are a must have in enclosures, especially during summer time. They just make things a whole lot easier.

I agree! It also is nice for the ones who love to hunt for worms. :cool: I also wonder sometimes, if they enjoy walking in wet grass better then dry grass, I know I do. :D Plus on a hot day, what could be more fun, then to be out under a sprinkler? :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sprinklers are great, no problem as long as they don't get cold.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
Sprinklers are great, no problem as long as they don't get cold.

Oh no! All these years I have been a bad sprinkler keeper, as I let all of mine get cold! Ss David, do you think I should get them little blankies?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
i have a mini drip line sprinkler that goes off twice a day in my outdoor enclose and every time Duma and Shorty come out of their hides to walk around and hang out under it. i am pretty sure they love it :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
ooo and if your tortoise is grazing while the sprinklers are going off then its getting some good hydration while it eats :)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Especially given you are in an area such as the Southwest, or the south in general, anywhere with high heat, they would love the sprinklers.

I'd recommend it. :)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
My torts have their own sprinkler that moves from enclosure to enclosure. When temp approachs 90 they get at least a half hour "rainshower" per enclosure. During these, they are out foraging. I am also investing in a portable mister system.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
I run my sprinkler twice a day for 30 minutes each time. My torts love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.