Spur fell off rear foot

Nessa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arcadia, CA
Same thing happened to my Tiny almost a year ago. I believe it happened when she was digging. It was dangling for several days. Was not bleeding from what I could see. I flushed it with saline and I put antibiotic ointment on it just to be safe. It fell off eventually. It looks like it has started to grow back already.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Same thing happened to my Tiny almost a year ago. I believe it happened when she was digging. It was dangling for several days. Was not bleeding from what I could see. I flushed it with saline and I put antibiotic ointment on it just to be safe. It fell off eventually. It looks like it has started to grow back already.
That is good news to hear that it is growing back. A second one that was partially broke fell off today.

Nessa

5 Year Member
Arcadia, CA
That is good news to hear that it is growing back. A second one that was partially broke fell off today.
Hope that gives you piece of mind [emoji4]. As for Tiny, she lost the largest one on her back left leg. Figured if that one is growing back, your tort should have no problem.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hope that gives you piece of mind [emoji4]. As for Tiny, she lost the largest one on her back left leg. Figured if that one is growing back, your tort should have no problem.
That is good to know, thank you for sharing your experience with me.

flaca

KISSIMMEE
There's so much useful information in old threads it took almost a year before I needed to sign up to ask a question of my own.

I agree though - a TFO account would be my number one recommendation for new tortoise keepers like us :)
I look into these old posts and learn and click like for several reasons: the way that the members treat the ones asking the questions, how knowledgeable they are in doing so, not just to jump in and act high and mighty. And always celebrate the owner of the tortoise for caring enough to ask the questions.
What a great forum!

Cdbond

winston salem
It is possible for a tort to lose a spur and I am sure it will grow back. When there is no blood or wound I would do nothing than observe.
Is that what is happening here?? What do I do????

Attachments

• 20221117_183020.jpg
    20221117_183020.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221117_183030.jpg
    20221117_183030.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 3