Spur thighed gender/ sexing

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
Thank you! More people saying male than female. Yes I am. Are you local to me?

Where ever you have posted that they told you it was a girl, you should never post there again. Doubly so if it was Facebook. This is clearly a Male, you’ve got a photo of the penis, that’s pretty definitive I’d say. But just so your clear, no one here is guessing, your Tort is a boy without any doubt.

Hollyc09

Rochester
Where ever you have posted that they told you it was a girl, you should never post there again. Doubly so if it was Facebook. This is clearly a Male, you’ve got a photo of the penis, that’s pretty definitive I’d say. But just so your clear, no one here is guessing, your Tort is a boy without any doubt.
No it wasn’t Facebook, it was the tortoise table forum. We were told by a vet a few years ago that females can also show their sex organ which is why I’ve been questioning it as I don’t know what the female organ looks like.
thanks for your reply though. I’m glad I’ve finally been able to confirm.

Obbie

Minnesota
I’ve never seen a tortoise display his man parts, so WHOA ? I was taken aback !!! I was sure it was a female, until the penile display. He looks to be in good shape

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
Of course @zovick is correct. The comments you heard that females occasionally show their sex organs are correct but they look much different. Here is a post I started a while ago talking about this and I have a picture of a female radiated tortoise flashing her clitoris. You will see, as @zovick mentioned, that upon examination, they look much different than a penis.

Hollyc09

Rochester
I’ve never seen a tortoise display his man parts, so WHOA ? I was taken aback !!! I was sure it was a female, until the penile display. He looks to be in good shape
Thank you. Yeah the tail isn’t overly long. But definitely much longer than my females.

Hollyc09

Rochester
Of course @zovick is correct. The comments you heard that females occasionally show their sex organs are correct but they look much different. Here is a post I started a while ago talking about this and I have a picture of a female radiated tortoise flashing her clitoris. You will see, as @zovick mentioned, that upon examination, they look much different than a penis.

Thanks so much! This is really helpful.