Squirt is a climber anyone else have their Burmese brown climb like this.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Near Disneyland
I have 2 MEPs (Asian black tortoises), and YES! They cousins to your tortoise, and they always trying to climb walls. Very curious and tenacious group of tortoises. Once they get a idea in their head they work it. We keep ours outside and love them dearly. It must be a lot of work keeping yours indoors.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Think you need higher sides and maybe a metal grill cover. Also check substrate is deep enough and interesting layout for the tortoise to find alternative enrichment within the enclosure. Maybe share some more pics if overall enclosure. Makes for an interesting time!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Just zoomed in and the wood is providing grip where ithe slats meet. Suggest a review of enclosure insie perimeter. Needs to be smooth continuous piece. You maybe able to get a smooth laminate length simulate to shiny shelf material and screw that inside end to end to remove the joins.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I am in the UK but this is what I was suggesting......Melamine White Shelf - 18 X 305 X 900mm and hopefully you can find similar at a local home store.

stutz

5 Year Member
I have 2 MEPs (Asian black tortoises), and YES! They cousins to your tortoise, and they always trying to climb walls. Very curious and tenacious group of tortoises. Once they get a idea in their head they work it. We keep ours outside and love them dearly. It must be a lot of work keeping yours indoors.
He's only inside during night and the winter.

stutz

5 Year Member
I've added wood across the top so he can't do this anymore. I was just wondering if anyone else's climbs like this ? Even when he's out he likes to climb things.