Squirts new home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Finally got the table sorted among all the chaos that has been going on with my horses!

So here it is :)

Tell me what you think and if there is anything you would change.
As soon as i put her in it today I've never seen her so active. She started exploring everywhere. Digging in the soil.
I left her for a few hours whilst I went to the yard and came back to find poo all in her water tray and her food everywhere!
(i left the food and a different water tray downstairs temporarily today as she wouldn't have known about upstairs.)
Then after her soak (and run round the living room! another thread coming about that!) i put her upstairs. She couldn't figure out the ramp but managed to find her way into her water and fill that full of mud before i put her on the ramp and she found her way downstairs. So I plan on doing that every evening till she gets the hang of going down alone and gets more brave about exploring.

(oh and the pictures look weird because I was messing about with my lens... sorry!)
The white stuff is a few shavings - the ones in her temporary box - we were clearing everything up and i split some in! I picked them out after the photo.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Squirt exploring upstairs.
DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

I think her favorite thing so far in the new home is the plant pot! I think she also rather likes the fact that she can make even more of a mess now with all that soil!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Looks good but make sure to watch her with the water bowl, I believe we had a few members torts flip over climbing in and out of those types...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
dalano73 said:
Looks good but make sure to watch her with the water bowl, I believe we had a few members torts flip over climbing in and out of those types...

Ooh. I didn't know that.
I shall keep a close eye. I can always find something else and change it if i think she needs something different.
Thanks for the warning. I shall watch her closely :)

Also forgot to add. I plan on putting plants in there.
I currently have my nana growing grasses and weeds for me to plant into the table for her to munch on.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Are you concerned she might take a dive off of the second level and land on her back?

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
The second level has them boards there. They are quite high, higher than they look in the pictures.
Certainly to high for her to get over. :)

So theres no chance of her taking a dive off the second level.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Torts really like the different levels. You could build up the soil around the water dish, or line some smaller rocks up around it.
The plants sound great, and that is a very nice enclosure.
Squirt sure is cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.