Tbh

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello I picked up a baby star tortoise yesterday, suposidly a sri lanka, it is very tiny. His shell is a bit deformed… but im also concerned about this spot on him. I havnt even had him 24 hours yet… he seems pretty healthy. It almost looks like a mole, in the center of his scute. If anyone knows what the dot could be, or has any ideas or tips for me on getting this guys shell back on track, i would appreciate it. I wish Ihad some more info on it, but the guy I got it from turned out to be lame. It currently weighs 17gs. But im not sure of the age

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never seen that before, but I wouldn't worry about it. It may have happened in the egg while the shell was still very soft.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
That’s completely normal, some stars hatch with out with it. Some have more than others. The shell shape is likely due to high incubation temperatures. It might straighten out a bit as it grows but it will probably always have a weird shape to it. It shouldn’t affect its health at all though.

Chennai
Hello I picked up a baby star tortoise yesterday, suposidly a sri lanka, it is very tiny. His shell is a bit deformed… but im also concerned about this spot on him. I havnt even had him 24 hours yet… he seems pretty healthy. It almost looks like a mole, in the center of his scute. If anyone knows what the dot could be, or has any ideas or tips for me on getting this guys shell back on track, i would appreciate it. I wish Ihad some more info on it, but the guy I got it from turned out to be lame. It currently weighs 17gs. But im not sure of the age

thanks
Mine too have this... i call her as dots...