star: stones come out

Madelaine

5 Year Member
On 11/11, I posted one thread to mention that one of my star pass out a lagre stone. X-Ray taken and two large stones still inside the central of body.
I feel very upset. I remembered that some old people said that one chinese herb is good for passing out the bladder stones (for human use). The vet also said that no special trearment can be done to star. Therefore, I tried to use this herb water for soaking, twice daily, one hour each. Soaking done with this herb for days. My star tried to defecate, feel very uncomfortable. I see her anus is enlarged again but no stone is seen. See vet immediately, x-ray is taken and showed that two stones are entered in the pelvic region. Vet said that he had full confidence to pick out all the stones come out with general anaesthsia. Finally, x-ray is taken again after procedure, all the stones are come out

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Whew! Poor tortoise. Does your vet have any ideas why this tortoise had stones in the first place?

Madelaine

5 Year Member
Whew! Poor tortoise. Does your vet have any ideas why this tortoise had stones in the first place?
Hi , Yvonne
The vet said that the star is not treated well before in seller. Besides that, star is very easy to get stones due to gens problem. He asked me to soak star twice daily, at least half an hour each. Give high fiber and low protein diet. Always have a outdoor sunshine

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like very good advice. Hope your tortoise stays well, now that the stones have passed.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
That's good advice. I would also Bump the temps a few degrees for the next few weeks.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Madelaine

5 Year Member
Sounds like very good advice. Hope your tortoise stays well, now that the stones have passed.
Hi, Yvonne

Thanks for your advice in my previous thread. You teach me use paraffin, warm water etc.. for caring my another 77gm star with stone. I follow your advise everyday . Thanks

Madelaine

5 Year Member
That's good advice. I would also Bump the temps a few degrees for the next few weeks.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Thanks tortdad

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That is indeed good news.

Madelaine

5 Year Member
this plant look so similar to a pennywort
Hi leopard,

You are right. It is quitr similar to pennywort. According to Chinese Medicine, pennywort is usually used for relieving some inflammation such as sore throat, pharynigitis.
But chinese medicine traditional doctor usually use
Lysimachia christinae Hance for treating urinary stones. Thanks