star tort on repti sun tube

akemibetta

Location (City and/or State)
MALAYSIA
hi all,

I need your guys opinion on this.

my setup for star tortoise would be Exo terra large low, which is 36inch in length, 12inch in height. I'm looking at reptisun 5.0 and 10.0 T5HO tube bulb on their 22inch fixture.

can you recommend which tube is better for them? I worried the 10.0 would be too strong for them at 12inch but at the same time, I worry the 5.0 UVB output is not enough to grow them out smoothly.
please help me. as I read about compact bulb will hurt their eye and therefore I'm no longer using the bulb.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You're correct in using a strip florescent. But I do not keep Leopards and can not say whether you should use the 5.0 or the 10.0.
My thought is that it would be the 5.0.
But let's here from a few actual Leopard keepers.
As far as "growing them out smoothly"....That would come down more to humidity than the lighting.

akemibetta

MALAYSIA
You're correct in using a strip florescent. But I do not keep Leopards and can not say whether you should use the 5.0 or the 10.0.
My thought is that it would be the 5.0.
But let's here from a few actual Leopard keepers.
As far as "growing them out smoothly"....That would come down more to humidity than the lighting.
Thanks for the reply. My humidity currently is set at 90%. Hopefully there are other input