Starred agama?

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
A small update:
1. I keep finding him on lying his back. Not sure if it's because of his back legs not working or there is other neurological issue.
2. Haven't seen him hunting roaches yet. He poops daily, perhaps "from the old stocks".
3. After replacing substrate (I've went with coir) and adding a hide I see him exploring a bit (maybe that's why he flips all the time).
4. Besides a puncture on his back there are a few more (on back legs :( ). No bleeding and no signs of rot, hopefully he is healing.

And of course, some pictures.
Bless him! You’re so good for taking him in, he looks to have quite the nice little set up there! I really hope he gets better😞

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A small update:
1. I keep finding him on lying his back. Not sure if it's because of his back legs not working or there is other neurological issue.
2. Haven't seen him hunting roaches yet. He poops daily, perhaps "from the old stocks".
3. After replacing substrate (I've went with coir) and adding a hide I see him exploring a bit (maybe that's why he flips all the time).
4. Besides a puncture on his back there are a few more (on back legs :( ). No bleeding and no signs of rot, hopefully he is healing.

And of course, some pictures.
I sure hope he makes it.

Have you tried tong feeding the roaches? Often the wiggling legs will attract them.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I sure hope he makes it.

Have you tried tong feeding the roaches? Often the wiggling legs will attract them.
I will try! Thanks!

Also I was thinking about catching some large ants for him - they make a large part of their natural diet (up to 50%).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I will try! Thanks!

Also I was thinking about catching some large ants for him - they make a large part of their natural diet (up to 50%).
Be careful with ants. They bite. We have ant eating lizards here too. One called a horned toad or horny toad. They only eat the big stinging red ants or the big black carpenter ants. I could only drop in a few at a time, and I had to watch to make sure they were all eaten before adding any more, or they would latch on to him and sting him.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Be careful with ants. They bite. We have ant eating lizards here too. One called a horned toad or horny toad. They only eat the big stinging red ants or the big black carpenter ants. I could only drop in a few at a time, and I had to watch to make sure they were all eaten before adding any more, or they would latch on to him and sting him.
Thank you for the warning! May plan was to catch some large forager ants (not guardians) and then put them in a refrigerator to slow them down and then feed one by one.

Koulouri is more active today, climbing the log and hasn't flipped on his back yet. He was pissed off by a warm soak but then calmed down, closed his eyes and just lied for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure he just played dead, though.

Attachments

• PXL_20240516_072943099.jpg
    PXL_20240516_072943099.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1