Starting build soon + 3d Digital build pics

2ofEverything

So here's the post I promised, the table should be getting built this weekend or the next. It's going to be placed in a corner (obviously due to design) and the dimensions are 7' x 3' + 3.5' x 3'. Total area = 31.5' which is only half a foot less than an 8x4 table. Half of the 3.5 x 3 section is going to be a built hide with kind of a canopy because above it is going to be a second story with a ramp, plexi glass at the inner corners and all the walls should be 1' high, maybe more.

This enclosure is going to be for either a Russian, Hermann, Greek, Hingeback, maaaayyybbbbeeee red foot/cherryhead, or if I'm lucky a pancake tortoise. I know their shy but I'm not looking for a companion or an outgoing tortoise.

The materials are going to be most likely Black Melamine, because of the dark tint furniture in my basement, all corners will be sealed with either 100% silicone sealant or any other good sealant. The base will also be covered with a plastic sheet to prevent water leaks (saw this on a cherry head enclosure vid on youtube).

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I'm open to all and any constructive criticism/feedback. Thanks in advance.Tort table 1.jpgTort table 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just one thing. Be sure to take many pics during your build if you would and Share them with us. Others could learn from it. Oops, two things. Then be sure to take many pics when it is completely finished, decorated and has a tenant. It will look really nice.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
YES. Can't wait to see how it goes. Thank you for sharing and lots pictures Please.

2ofEverything

Small update: Due to me having an epiphany the other day the project has been moved over to next weekend. Don't worry though, I will keep everyone updated with the build and next weekend is the holiday break for me so I'll be posting daily. Oh and another note, I'll opening a new thread for the build alone and does anyone know any good waterproof wood sealers? That aren't toxic and safe for torts?