StarWars: The Force Awakens

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Yea for me. I get to go see it again tomorrow. Third time. Yes I know it sounds kind of lame even to me.
Not really. I saw it again last night and would go again.
Totally wonder why it's climbing up the highest grossing list so fast:rolleyes:

Prairie Mom

i've already seen it once but am going to see it again i didn't understand the words because im deaf so im going to get a caption device this time so excited
I'm hoping you had a friend or someone to at least help you out with the more important parts!!!? I'm so excited that you'll get captions this time. WOO HOO! Come back and tell us what you thought after the second viewing.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I finally saw it.
It was worth the wait.
I am puzzled as to why they saw fit to kill off one of our friends, though. (Without giving too much away)
A theory is that, because they wished their character was put on the bus for Empire Strikes Back and it didn't happen he gave it as a condition to be in the movie.
KInda worked, in the end.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I'm hoping you had a friend or someone to at least help you out with the more important parts!!!? I'm so excited that you'll get captions this time. WOO HOO! Come back and tell us what you thought after the second viewing.

i was all on my lonesome. i can hear slightly and did have a assisted listening device ( headphones linked directly to the audio source) but with certain movies with accents it's hard to make out i can hear it but it sounds mumbled lord of the rings and harry potter are some of the worst for me but they're my favorite movies lol

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
A theory is that, because they wished their character was put on the bus for Empire Strikes Back and it didn't happen he gave it as a condition to be in the movie.
KInda worked, in the end.

the character/actor got what they wanted they wanted to be killed off a long time ago plus it would have made much sense for them to be in the new movies the character who was killed obvious didn't fit in to it to me they had to use trick angles and such just to make it seem like he was doing certain things

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
i was all on my lonesome. i can hear slightly and did have a assisted listening device ( headphones linked directly to the audio source) but with certain movies with accents it's hard to make out i can hear it but it sounds mumbled lord of the rings and harry potter are some of the worst for me but they're my favorite movies lol
I am 100% deaf in my right ear.
Stereo is therefore useless for me.
When somebody drops something to my right, i look left as all sound come from there.
It's very dangerous crossing the road, sometimes.
However, if I sleep on my left side nothing will disturb me and if I don't wish to listen to someone I sit on their left!
However, my left ear is fine, so I can listen to movies, it's just mono from the left side!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
When somebody drops something to my right, i look left as all sound come from there.
However, if I sleep on my left side nothing will disturb me and if I don't wish to listen to someone I sit on their left!
However, my left ear is fine, so I can listen to movies, it's just mono from the left side!

im the complete opposite of you lol my left ear is 100% deaf and losing in my right ear but still able to hear with hearing aid in that ear i was born like this so lucky i don't remember that i've lost anything lol im fluent in sign language, the only thing that really bother's be about my hearing is when someone is talking to you and you don't hear them so you don't respond and they assume your being rude or when people think that because your deaf you've gotta be mental in someway lol it comes in hand tho was at taco bell getting food once and they guy said something to me i missed and he said what are you deaf? so i said yeah i am guess who got free food that day? score! lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
im the complete opposite of you lol my left ear is 100% deaf and losing in my right ear but still able to hear with hearing aid in that ear i was born like this so lucky i don't remember that i've lost anything lol im fluent in sign language, the only thing that really bother's be about my hearing is when someone is talking to you and you don't hear them so you don't respond and they assume your being rude or when people think that because your deaf you've gotta be mental in someway lol it comes in hand tho was at taco bell getting food once and they guy said something to me i missed and he said what are you deaf? so i said yeah i am guess who got free food that day? score! lol
yeah, it can work in our favour sometimes.
But even wifey gets annoyed with me for 'not listening' when i simply didn't hear.
She will insist on walking on my deaf side and yabbering, then she and I get annoyed and swap sides but she invariably drifts back.
Still, there's a lot of worse things.
See Star Wars for details.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
yeah, it can work in our favour sometimes.
But even wifey gets annoyed with me for 'not listening' when i simply didn't hear.
She will insist on walking on my deaf side and yabbering, then she and I get annoyed and swap sides but she invariably drifts back.
Still, there's a lot of worse things.
See Star Wars for details.

my ex used to get so mad at me for making her walk on my right side to do what i did make her wear a ear plug for a whole day in one ear and she'll never say anything again lol

it def works in our favor even know sign most of the time if i don't feel like talking or put in a awkward situation i don't wanna be in i'll sign lol

the biggest complaint i have actually is working. its really hard around here to find someone who will hire a deaf person or will keep them employed i've been fired from a job because of my hearing but they'll never admit it.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
my ex used to get so mad at me for making her walk on my right side to do what i did make her wear a ear plug for a whole day in one ear and she'll never say anything again lol

it def works in our favor even know sign most of the time if i don't feel like talking or put in a awkward situation i don't wanna be in i'll sign lol

the biggest complaint i have actually is working. its really hard around here to find someone who will hire a deaf person or will keep them employed i've been fired from a job because of my hearing but they'll never admit it.
:eek: that's awful!
i've never been discriminated against, thankfully, but I only went deaf in the ear about 7 years back.
Must try the ear plug thing on wifey! ;)

Prairie Mom

Hey guys:) Super interesting to read about how you "take in" the world around you! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Adam-I felt a naughty temptation to tease you about wifey and your hearing abilities. Please take note my self-control :D.

Naturalman-I love the movies you mentioned too. I can't even imagine trying to understand Orcs talking to each other! -It honestly makes me laugh a bit to think about it:D : "We ain't had 'nuffin' but maggoty bread for 'Fwee' Stinkin' DAAAays!"

**The next time you are at the library, please PLEASE do me favor and take a peek at a young reader book called "El Deafo" by Cece Bell. It is written as a comic book and the Deaf author does the most AMAZING job of illustrating both what it is like to lose hearing and challenges that face people in the deaf/hard of hearing community. The book brought up points about lip reading, basic etiquette, and challenges that never would have occurred to me. It's extremely clever and won various awards, which is shocking for a Graphic novel.
el deafo.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hey guys:) Super interesting to read about how you "take in" the world around you! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Adam-I felt a naughty temptation to tease you about wifey and your hearing abilities. Please take note my self-control :D.

Naturalman-I love the movies you mentioned too. I can't even imagine trying to understand Orcs talking to each other! -It honestly makes me laugh a bit to think about it:D : "We ain't had 'nuffin' but maggoty bread for 'Fwee' Stinkin' DAAAays!"

**The next time you are at the library, please PLEASE do me favor and take a peek at a young reader book called "El Deafo" by Cece Bell. It is written as a comic book and the Deaf author does the most AMAZING job of illustrating both what it is like to lose hearing and challenges that face people in the deaf/hard of hearing community. The book brought up points about lip reading, basic etiquette, and challenges that never would have occurred to me. It's extremely clever and won various awards, which is shocking for a Graphic novel.
View attachment 161164
Pardon?;)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
3782129.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
not to criticize or hurt anybody's feelings but that's an awful costume

Prairie Mom

not to criticize or hurt anybody's feelings but that's an awful costume
Are you talking about Kylo Ren's costume? If so, well caught!... I read that it was done intentionally for his character. His lightsaber also has issues and doesn't shine "smoothly" but kind of smoky and choppy.-You can see it in the movie. It's kind of weird and obvious in close-up fight scenes.

He left Jedi training early and apparently crafting your own lightsaber is supposed to be part of the end of the training, but since he ditched, he made his own and it didn't come out quite right. He's also fashioning his own wannabee Vader costume, which is why the mask and everything looks kind of bad. -Think: angry teenager with a blowtorch.