Stephen King books

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I have quite a lot of experience of carriages and horses.
Still commonplace here.
Yes, i have seen the film and , much to my surprise, i actually rather liked it.
But i still prefer the book ending, though I don't dislike the film's version.
I like the utter hopelessness for all of mankind in the book, the film gives hope, though the ending is a personal tragedy.
Your horse and carriage response made me giggle. I started "the mist" today. I LOVED reading IT. I didn't want it to end.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Your horse and carriage response made me giggle. I started "the mist" today. I LOVED reading IT. I didn't want it to end.
It's a terrific read isn't it?
I wished it had been longer too, though that may have spoiled it.
Some of King's books are a little too long IMO.
the horse and carriage thing was just horseplay with Cameron (jaizei).
He can take a joke (I hope), he's pretty funny himself.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It's a terrific read isn't it?
I wished it had been longer too, though that may have spoiled it.
Some of King's books are a little too long IMO.
the horse and carriage thing was just horseplay with Cameron (jaizei).
He can take a joke (I hope), he's pretty funny himself.

That must be why people are always laughing when I walk by.

That's one of the reasons I like the Bachman books. I haven't read The Regulators, but the others (Rage, Long Walk, Running Man, Road Work) and Thinner are on point.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

That's one of the reasons I like the Bachman books. I haven't read The Regulators, but the others (Rage, Long Walk, Running Man, Road Work) and Thinner are on point.
All good.
Another changed ending "The Running Man".
The whole point is he can't possibly win.
And in the film, he does.
Thinner is one of my faves, too.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I knew you were kidding, especially since they have a sense of humor as well. I just liked the seriousness!

I am an off and on reader myself; I've never been able to sit very long or keep my attention. I randomly picked up IT as my first Stephen king book and fell in love with his style, except Cujo was not a good read.

If you like true crime books, I really enjoyed reading the Angel of Darkness and The Night Stalker. Really creepy serial killers. When my dad worked on death row at San Quentin, California, he came into contact with these guys. He said the only guy that gave him the creeps when he looked at him was Randy Kraft, the freeway killer.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I knew you were kidding, especially since they have a sense of humor as well. I just liked the seriousness!

I am an off and on reader myself; I've never been able to sit very long or keep my attention. I randomly picked up IT as my first Stephen king book and fell in love with his style, except Cujo was not a good read.

If you like true crime books, I really enjoyed reading the Angel of Darkness and The Night Stalker. Really creepy serial killers. When my dad worked on death row at San Quentin, California, he came into contact with these guys. He said the only guy that gave him the creeps when he looked at him was Randy Kraft, the freeway killer.
Randy Kraft sounds like an aphrodisiac cheese.
Might try and get these, but may be difficult here.
I also disliked Cujo.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
He absolutely was an aphrodisiac. Reading his story made it VERY clear. Some portions of the book were tough to read, they were very descriptive.

meech008

5 Year Member

Thinner was one of my favorites!! I never saw the movie of The Mist so I couldn't say :(

meech008

5 Year Member
I also really enjoyed "Cell" I think that was a Stephen King book

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Cool! I'm almost done with "the mist". It was getting creepy until I read what it actually was. But, it's good! If you like mystery books, I LOVED the book "Plum Island" by Nelson Demille. It's based on a real island we're they do experiments with animals.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Well, I'm done with the mist. Its was overall worth reading. Which one should I start next that you see in the image? I've read IT, the mist, and cujo.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Aside from Under the Dome, I've been slacking on most of his books from the 2000s. I think other than Dome, the last 'new' book of his I read was Everything's Eventual'.