Stinky Butt!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
Last night I had Waggers sitting by me when improved a very strong smell coming from the area he was in. At first it smelled like very strong urine. Like when someone pees in the toilet and doesn't flush it right away. The thing is that he didn't pee. The smell is coming from his tail area. He is still pooping and eating normal. He is also still very active. There are no abnormalities about him at all. We have tried soaking him and wiping him down with a wet wash cloth. Does anyone have any idea what this could be from or has anyone had this experience before. It is making us very nervous. If he is sick or if there is something seriously wring with him we want to care of it immediately!!!! :( Thank you in advance for your help and advice!!

C

Claireabbo

oh no! i hope someone can help but i cant help. im sorry :( i hope nothing is wrong!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Where is he housed? What type of substrate? Has he eaten anything different/new in his diet? Is he soaking regularly ? :)

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
This past week he has eaten baby spring mix, turnip greens, cantelope, pineapple, mushrooms, couple small pieces of plain scrambled egg, and arugula. The only thing that was new is the egg. The weird thing is his poop does not smell the same as the other smell. He does get a soak AT LEAST every other day. His substrate is cypress mulch and spagnum moss mixed 80/20 (hide 90% moss). He did swallow that rock, I wrote about, about a month ago. We never did see it come back out but he has been pooping regularly and normally.

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
Ok we didnot smell anything on him all day today and then he peed and the smell was back and very strong!! Does anyone have ANY ideas????

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Proteins, especially fish but others as well, often lead to offensive smells in the digestive system. You may want to try something besides eggs (especially if it is sulfuric smell)

Another possibility is the multiple sweet, wet fruits that you may want to throttle back on- they can lead to runny, poorly formed stools.

Status
Not open for further replies.