STOLEN / LOST sulcata in ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
My approximately 5 year old sulcata was stolen from his outdoor enclosure sometime between 4:40pm and 7pm on sunday august 4, 2013. Please be aware. Theif may try to sell on Craig's list or the like. Beloit, ohio area in northeast ohio. May post from akron - canton area. Also, theif beware. This was low. My tortoise is not only my pet and my property, he is a member of my family; he needs special attention and has specific needs. I am demanding he is returned to me before any harm is done. If anyone on the forum notices any random sulcatas for sale in northeast ohio, please let me know. Thanks so much - just praying I get nucktwo back soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

3bdulla

5 Year Member
Any information about size or sex? It will help anyone trying to help you find it...

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
oh how i cant wait for karma to strike down the potential low-life who nabbed your tortoise. i hope Nucktwo is found/returned safe and unharmed.

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
I will try to post a pic soon but for now, im pretty sure hes male and is about. 9 inches and I just weighed him at 6lbs. He has some pyramiding - I rescued him that way. Thanks again all - im going door to door right now, I may offer a reward as I just want him home safe more than anything right now.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Nuckysmom said:
My approximately 5 year old sulcata was stolen from his outdoor enclosure sometime between 4:40pm and 7pm on sunday august 4, 2013. Please be aware. Theif may try to sell on Craig's list or the like. Beloit, ohio area in northeast ohio. May post from akron - canton area. Also, theif beware. This was low. My tortoise is not only my pet and my property, he is a member of my family; he needs special attention and has specific needs. I am demanding he is returned to me before any harm is done. If anyone on the forum notices any random sulcatas for sale in northeast ohio, please let me know. Thanks so much - just praying I get nucktwo back soon.

So sorry this happened. Do you pictures of his shell from different angles? It might help people looking for him with a pos ID, or eliminate any possible leads. Best if luck and please keep us posted.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
Thanks for all the support. My husband has been out all day looking for him and talking to people in our little village. No luck as of yet. I will keep everyone posted and get some pics downloaded when I get home from work. Thanks again.

Doodle

5 Year Member
USA
I hope you are able to find him. I will keep a lookout on Craigslist for him.

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
I put up some more flyers today. No word yet. It was also a little discouraging when the police acted like I was a total idiot and that this was not a pressing matter. Whatever. Does anyone have access to realtime satellite imaging? Maybe I could rewind it and identify the perp. If only it were that simple.... I am still hoping we find him. Keep you posted.

Attachments

• 1375837194592.jpg
    1375837194592.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 124

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
No im not a teacher. Wherabouts are you located? I am near west branch high school.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! the flyers worked !! Nucktwo was returned this afternoon!! I am unbelievably relieved and overjoyed! Can't wait to see him when I get home!!

Nikolai13

5 Year Member
Ohio
Nuckysmom said:
No im not a teacher. Wherabouts are you located? I am near west branch high school.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! the flyers worked !! Nucktwo was returned this afternoon!! I am unbelievably relieved and overjoyed! Can't wait to see him when I get home!!

I go to Sandy Valley, its by Canton South

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Nuckysmom said:

Wonderful news! So glad for you and your family! :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM] (YWG)
Hermann's [TURTLE]s: Darwin & Wallace
Aussie [DOG FACE]s: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Awesome give him a big o plate of food and a big hug . :D:D:D:D:D

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
He was found very near the persons home who we thought had nabbed him. No way possible he escaped. Also no way to prove this person actually did nab him. No matter, he is back safe and looks unharmed. I am keeping an eye on him, hes not too hungry yet but hopefully he will be back to his old self soon. Oh yes, I made him a super special platter of yummy stuffs - im sure as soon as look away it'll be gone :) he got a good soak when I got home and is staying in his indoor enclosure for now... thanks again for all your support!

Attachments

• 1375928465973.jpg
    1375928465973.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.