stolen Star!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello Everyone,
I had a male 3 yr old captive bred Sri Lankan Star stolen from my back yard this past summer.I am suspecting the person who has it has NO idea as to what they have!!! Its 21years of work and one of my favorites!!!PLEASE HELP!!!
This is my first post!!! and I hate to start things off on this note. I have been breeding Sri Lankan Stars for almost 22 years and this is a major set back to my effort. we have one suspect, and he could be in the Prescott AZ area.
so if you know of someone with one cool Turtle!!!and have no idea of what it is or how he got it Please contact me.

The specimen was stolen from my home in Chandler Arizona.
Thank You All!!!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Kingsley

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is so sad. I hope you find him and get him back.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Why not post a pic. That way if anyone should find one for sale, there will be a pic to compare to.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
So sorry to hear of this... a tragic way to start your TFO experience indeed. But welcome, we will help in any way we can

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
yagyujubei said:
Why not post a pic. That way if anyone should find one for sale, there will be a pic to compare to.

I will be posting a pic shortly.
Thank you
Kingsley

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I am sorry to hear this. I had a few tortoises stolen from me (including a sri lankan star) exactly a year ago and I'm just down the road from you in Mesa. I'll keep my eyes open for anything. Have you checked with the local pet shops to see if someone tried to sell him off?

Side note - if you don't mind me asking, are you the same Kingsley that owns the Aquarium Arts store?

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Neal said:
I am sorry to hear this. I had a few tortoises stolen from me (including a sri lankan star) exactly a year ago and I'm just down the road from you in Mesa. I'll keep my eyes open for anything. Have you checked with the local pet shops to see if someone tried to sell him off?

Side note - if you don't mind me asking, are you the same Kingsley that owns the Aquarium Arts store?

Yes I am the Same Kingsley :) I am well connected to the pet industry in Arizona, and I am hoping for a positive outcome.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Very cool, I actually grew up a few streets down from you. My mom was friends with your wife through our church.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would suggest posting some want ads for a young male star tortoise. You're probably right that the person has no idea what they took, but just maybe you'll get some local offer from someone trying to unload a stolen tortoise.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Neal said:
I would suggest posting some want ads for a young male star tortoise. You're probably right that the person has no idea what they took, but just maybe you'll get some local offer from someone trying to unload a stolen tortoise.

Now THAT'S a good idea! :D Welcome by the way ;) I hope you find your star :(

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
I'm so sorry.. Good luck with this. Chances are, this guy will get what's coming to him somewhere down the line. Unfortunately though, you just worry for the animal. I really hope this works out for you and your tortoise. Good luck.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Have you heard anything or gotten your star back? You are in my prayers and I am hoping for a safe return of your star.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I would post a "Reward" for finding/returning the star. I wouldn't advertise how much he's worth or how rare this one is, because whoever took it may go elsewhere to sell him especially if he finds out that this tort is "special." Show a pic of the tort and give a $$ amount for its return/find. It's also possible that whoever took it knows what he has and wanted it for him/herself. You may never get him back if that's the case. So, you may want to compile a list of people who knew what you had, and go from there. Hope you do get him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.