***STOLEN TORTOISES***BE ON THE LOOKOUT***REWARD**

LoneStarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Hi all, I am a hobbyist who has had his heart ripped out. Last week mid-week an Asian man went into my backyard and stole over $3500 worth of tortoises. I am currently working with police for a positive identification on the suspect, but I need any and all help that can be given to recover what are my babies. These were never for nor would be for sale, I am heartbroken.
Attached are a couple pics if each of you would just keep your eyes and ears open I will give a reward for the safe return of my pets. This guy is real scum and needs to be charges with the felony he committed and I will not rest until he does.
I have someone who can identify in a lineup and I have video surveillance of the vehicle leaving the area.
For now I can say it is an Asian male, very well dressed and clean cut, 5-8-5'10" tall.
More to come with permission from authorities.
Any one you suspect, or think it could be please contact me or the Houston Police Department immediately.
Thanks,
Christopher
attached pictures are some of what was taken.
Sulcata Female 16-18"
Leopard Male 9"
Greek Female 8-9" heavy

greek.JPG leo.JPG sulcata.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DynamicTurtleHD

I hope you find your torts soon! That man is horrible and should be more than arrested. But I wish you the best of luck and that your torts come back.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Thats horrible...Were they chipped? I am going to chip mine when they get bigger. And place cameras everywhere. And advertise there are cameras everywhere. Plus I have big dogs.... :mad:

What are other methods to stop this from happening again? If there isn't one...we need a thread on how to keep your tortoises from being stolen....

And one on what to do if they are?

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
That is a huge fear of having someone just steal my torts. I pray that he gets caught. How did he know they were back there

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
craigslist and pet stores. Heck, just use google and type in 'leopard tortoises for sale in Texas' and see what pops up.

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
I am so sorry. I hope they are returned to you ASAP. You must be out of your mind with worry.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
I am so sorry. That has got to be a terrible thing to experience.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, I almost know,how you feel. I couldn't find one of my torts the other day. Was suppose to be in the shed. Their door was open, even though I could swear I closed it. I thought someone came in and stole it. I was heart broken. Luckily it was found. I am so very sorry. I hope you get your loved ones back safe and sound and they through this guy in jail for a long time. I have better ideas, of what they should do to him, but in this country they are illegal. Keep us posted.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Sorry to hear this happened to you, I hope you can get your babies back soon and safe.

This is something I fear of happening to me, I don't know how I would react to any of my babies being stolen. :(

I previously read the post you made over on fauna, you said you posted the sketch of the thief on some facebook posts, are you able to link the sketch? Thanks.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I am so sorry this happened. I hope you get your babies back soon. I find this so heartbreaking.