Story - A Tortoise and her DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilieo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
I have GT (tortoise) and two Jack Russell Terriers. Only one of the JRT has any interest in GT. Everyday, DD (JRT) goes over to the enclosure and watches GT. So, I walked in the house the other day after work and of course the dogs were jumping all around excited that I was back home. As i walked by GT's enclosure I said Hi to her and kept walking in order to get the dogs outside to do their business, DD would not come with me. I callled her and called her and finally walked back to where she was and she was on her back paws looking into GT's enclosure. (Not unusual), but she wouldn't leave. So, i said fine, i'll talk to GT and when i looked in her enclosure she was on her BACK! ! ! ! ! AHHHHHH! ! ! ! - how long had she been like that...... all four legs going and neck stretched out.
So I uprighted GT and THANKED DD for saving a tortoise's life.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Funny how they are aware of trouble! Good dog!

chilieo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Delaware
jlyoncc1 said:
Funny how they are aware of trouble! Good dog!

I know, I'm always so worried that the dogs are gonna "eat" the tortoise. But instead they have seemed to embrace her as one of the pack.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
You're really lucky! My dogs would demolish them if they could! I have to lock them up just to walk through the room with a tortoise in a box!!! Needless to say, my cats NEVER come down to the first floor, where the dogs are, because they go psycho at the sight of a cat, too!!!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
She deserves a big 'ol belly rub:D

Status
Not open for further replies.