strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortguy521

5 Year Member
Hi my 8 inch female redfoot has been mating with my 10 inch male for over a month now and she has started digging lots of test nest but today i noticed she was going crazy today out of no where she started biting her self and digging really fast and moovig her behind around very fast i think that was to help digging maybe. so is she jut crazy or could it mean eggs are coming. and she has been walking very high on her hine legs.

thanks

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hey there, I had a similar problem with my single female leopard. She kept digging and digging. I had her x rayed and she had 4 eggs and nothing seemed to be happening. We gave her some injections of oxytocin and within an hour she laid her first egg. Then 3 more.Now would she have been fine if I left her alone? I have no idea. It went on for about a week or so, if I remember correctly. Maybe you can find my earlier post, it was about a year ago. I'm sure someone who breeds will get back to you if this is normal or not. I don't and had no clue. I.m just happy she hasn't done it again.
Na

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm curious to see if they have Labor kind of like us. That's what it sounds like. I've seen some of these eggs that they've been laying around here it couldn't be pleasant. :(

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Amen, Candy!! I didn't want to speculate outright, but having delivered 5 babies (and I know you've done 4), I was kind of surprised that females laying those big eggs don't make at least as much noise as the males do mating! ....well, maybe not that surprised.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.