Strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceB23

5 Year Member
So is their anything out of the ordinary that they do to let you know they aren't alright? Mine seems fine, he eats wanders for a bit then goes into his lil cave where he has a lil hole dug that he sits in.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Hi!
I will ask the obvious questions, and the experts will probably be along to answer...
What kind do tort, how old, and what's the set up? Temps in the hot end? Temps in the cool end? What's the humidity?

I have learned that it is always good to put this in with your questions so the right people see it!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Usually does not do its normal things. Examples. Won't eat, sleeps more then usual, makes noises that aren't normal, swollen eyes, runny nose, blowing bubbles from nose. I think I hit all the signs. Now, having one of these signs, doesn't always mean they are sick either. Usually, if all temps and humidity is correct, things or routine weren't changed, etc, and they have one of the symptoms, then that's when they might actually be sick. The best thing to do, if any of this happens to your tort, is to first check all temps and himidity. Then post all the info you can about what's going on, how's he actin, temps and humidity, etc. There will be lots of someone's that can help.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Usually does not do its normal things. Examples. Won't eat, sleeps more then usual, makes noises that aren't normal, swollen eyes, runny nose, blowing bubbles from nose. I think I hit all the signs. Now, having one of these signs, doesn't always mean they are sick either. Usually, if all temps and humidity is correct, things or routine weren't changed, etc, and they have one of the symptoms, then that's when they might actually be sick. The best thing to do, if any of this happens to your tort, is to first check all temps and himidity. Then post all the info you can about what's going on, how's he actin, temps and humidity, etc. There will be lots of someone's that can help.

Now I am beginning to worry ... My RF is sleeping more and is staying under his basking light sleeping instead of his hide. He is eating and soaking but not very active. Should I be worried?

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
VinceB23 said:
So is their anything out of the ordinary that they do to let you know they aren't alright? Mine seems fine, he eats wanders for a bit then goes into his lil cave where he has a lil hole dug that he sits in.

Check his UVB bulb! I got a new MVB and my Tyrone is back to his normal out of control self! I cant seem to say it enough, the MVB made a huge difference!

russian tortoise boy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Las Vegas Nevada
this happen to my russian tortoise too one time, she doesn't wanna eat sleeping all day, i think maybe this is causes of depression, parasites inside their body. i think my RT is like this cause one time she ate the fallen lettuce in the ground and ate some coco coir substrate.
Recommendations, put her in a WARM bath for like 10 minutes and let her walk a bit to dry then put her back in her enclosure.
I did this to my RT everyday and she was back to normal after 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.