STRANGE WEATHER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Hi:

Will the strange weather we have been having in Southern California be harmful to my tortoises (Russians and Desert Tortoises). Just last week it was 80+ degrees and today (Tuesday, 2-28-12) it is only going to be around 65-67 degrees.

I feel sorry for my tortoises because they woke up because of the warm weather and now is has become cold. They really did not get a chance to really warm up and start eating. Will this be harmful to their health since they just came out of hibernation.

Carol :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, this happens in nature too. Just make sure they are protected from getting wet during the cold weather.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
emysemys said:
No, this happens in nature too. Just make sure they are protected from getting wet during the cold weather.

Thanks for the information, I feel better now.

Carol:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I love this traditional southern California winter! It has been three straight winters before this one that have been too wet and too cold and I for one wish we would go back to this old southern California winter weather.....but alas...I am not confident it will....el nino and la nina are having a heck of a game of tag lately....:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This happens every year. I think we are through the worst of it, things start warming up, plants and trees start budding and blooming and then, WHAM! Cold again! We had some hellacious hail yesterday. Looked like snow on the ground for a couple hours. Of course, this is nothing compared to what the rest of the country gets. They are laughing at us right now for complaining about temps in the 60's in February. :)

TurtlePunk

5 Year Member
OC, California
AGREED! last week I was so excited for the weather to be warming up because I LOVE taking the reptiles outside for some sunshine but I was tricked!!! =(
My little leopard hatchling arrived today and I SO WANT to take him outside for some sunshine but I guess that won't be happening this week =(

Status
Not open for further replies.