Strip vs Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexfl73

5 Year Member
Hi All,

im looking to setup an enclosure for a baby sulcata. I was looking at the exo-terra strip light that hold 4 sockets for CF bulbs. I was wondering if spot lights are better than strip lights. I also thought about using a strip for the UVB going across the tank, in a way that I provide uvb no matter where he is and then use a spot for basking/heat. Another idea would be using two spots, one with a uvb and one with a combo bulb, again providing uvb no matter where he goes. Not sure what the better choice is. Suggestions greatly welcomed :tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would not use the coil bulbs at all.....If you are going to let your tort get natural sun time a few times a week in a secure outdoor space then I would not worry too much about intense uvb bulb...however, if you are going to entirely rely on indoor artificial lighting (which I would suggest against) then you may want to offer a basking spot that is just that and then a spot where he can get exposure to uvb without having to get too hot just to obtain the uvb benefits....you will need to decide based on the size of your enclosure which will work better for the space.....

Status
Not open for further replies.