Use olive or coconut oil?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DARKFIRE007

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham Alabama
You can't tell her size in the pic, but TRUST me when I tell you this lady is getting big. She seems to have quite a few stuck scutes, she isn't pyramiding and is in good shape considering she was wild caught and bought at a show. Everything was even at 4.5 inches in size, but now with a LOT of growth...well.

I've been scrubbing them gently with a toothbrush during soaks and have seen no separation yet. I haven't tried the olive or coconut oil yet, I was waiting to do that as a last resort so I don't mess with UV absorption or anything.

Are there any other methods I am overlooking, especially more effective ones?

Oh...bear in mind Natalya (Goldeneye spelling) does NOT like the toothbrush idea lolstuck scutes.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If I'm remembering correctly, a while ago when I suggest a Q-Tip dipped in coconut oil, @Markw84 came on to that thread and made a different suggestion. Let's wait until he sees this thread to see what he says about this problem.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
If I'm remembering correctly, a while ago when I suggest a Q-Tip dipped in coconut oil, @Markw84 came on to that thread and made a different suggestion. Let's wait until he sees this thread to see what he says about this problem.

Hi Yvonne, thanks for popping in. Yes I am about ready to move to coconut oil (even though I hate coconut lol) and see how it goes. There just isn't a wealth of information for this issue out there.